Soyeon/ Jeon So-yeon (G)I-DLE

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

About
Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is is a South Korean rapper, singer-songwriter and record producer under Cube Entertainment. She is the leader and main rapper of the girl group (G)I-DLE. She is known for joining PRODUCE 101 (placed 20th) and UNPRETTY RAPSTAR 3 (placed 3rd).

As a soloist, she goes by her full name Jeon Soyeon. She made her solo debut on November 5, 2017 with the single "Jelly".

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

Profiles
Stage Names: Jeon Soyeon (전소연) / Soyeon (소연)
Birth Name: Jeon Soyeon (전소연)
Birthday: August 26, 1998
Birth place: Gaepo-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 157 cm (5’2″)
Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
Blood Type: B
MBTI Type: INTJ-T
Nationality: Korean
Specialties: Rap, Dance
Instagram: @tiny.pretty.j

Personal life
Family
Jeon Byeong-hwa (father)
Ju Hye-kyung (mother)
Jeon So-hee (younger sister)

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

2016: Produce 101, Unpretty Rapstar
In January 2016, Soyeon became a contestant on the survival show Produce 101, where she represented Cube Entertainment. She ranked 20th place in the final episode, thus being unable to debut with I.O.I.

In July, she became a contestant on the rap survival show Unpretty Rapstar Season 3. She finished the series as the second runner-up.

On December 29, Soyeon signed an artist contract with Cube Entertainment.

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

2017: Solo debut with "Jelly"
Soyeon made her solo debut on November 5, 2017 with her first digital single "Jelly".

2018: "Idle Song", debut with (G)I-DLE
On January 11, 2018, Cube Entertainment announced Soyeon would be re-debuting as the leader of (G)I-DLE. A month later, on February 28, she released her second digital single, "Idle Song". Then, on April 12, she was officially revealed as the fifth member of (G)I-DLE. The group officially debuted on May 2 with the release of their first mini album I Am.

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

2021: Solo comeback with Windy, first win
On May 21, Cube Entertainment confirmed that Soyeon was preparing for a solo comeback sometime in June. It would be her first comeback in three years. On June 17, it was announced that Soyeon would be returning with her first mini album Windy on July 5. On July 13, she received her first music show win as a solo artist on The Show for her album's title track "Beam Beam". She won a second time on July 29 at MCountdown.

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

It was announced, on October 21, that Soyeon would be one of the four mentors of MBC reality survival show My Teenage Girl. In an interview in November, she revealed that the reason she wanted to participate is that she herself has participated in multiple survival shows, so she can understand the contestants' hardships and share the tips she's learned now that she has debuted as an idol. Once the first episode was broadcast on November 28, Soyeon went viral as people were impressed with her honesty: she criticized the way people had voted for what she called the "worst performance" of the day and asked people to vote responsibly by priorizing the trainees' talents.

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

Reality shows
Produce 101 (Mnet, 2016) - contestant
Unpretty Rapstar Season 3 (Mnet, 2016) - contestant
My Teenage Girl (MBC, 2021–2022) - mentor
Fantasy Boys (Mnet, 2023) - mentor

Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

Fun Facts and Trivia
Place of birth: Seoul, South Korea.
Family: parents, sister (born 2000).
She was born at 5:20 pm.
As a child, Soyeon was homeschooled. She practiced ballet growing up.
One of her favorite animes of all time is One Piece.
During her childhood, she wanted to become a pirate. After watching Naruto, she wanted to be a ninja.

MBTI: INTP.
Hobbies: writing lyrics, drawing manga, watching documentaries, reading manga, inline skating, reading.
Specialty: rapping, dancing.
She has a phobia of heights.

She attended 20-30 auditions, but failed all of them.
Soyeon only became successful in auditions after beginning to rap.
Soyeon auditioned for Cube Entertainment by singing G-Dragon's "This Love".

She is good friends with Jeon Somi since Produce 101.
In 2015, Soyeon competed in the idol variety show Produce 101 and ranked 20.
In 2016, Soyeon became the 3rd runner up in the rap survival show Unpretty Rapstar.


Soyeon is the shortest member of (G)I-DLE with a height of 157 cm (5’2”).
She is currently the shortest girl group leader in K-pop industry.
Neverlands ((G)I-DLE's fandom) love to make fun of her for being short and for being the shortest member of the group.

She has two tattoos: a lotus flower on her shoulder blade and a heartbeat inside her left arm (this tattoo has an important meaning: it means she is an organ donor).


Jeon Soyeon (전소연) is a solo artist and the leader/member of (G)I-DLE

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material
(Wallpapers/ Lockscreens)

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

Soyeon - (G)I-dle ; Girlfriend material

[MPD직캠] 전소연 직캠 4K '삠삠 (BEAM BEAM)' (JEON SOYEON FanCam) | @MCOUNTDOWN_2021.7.8


Close